Boost Your Immune System & Defeat Covid19
How to increase the immune health of you & your community to best fight viruses
1. Good Nutrition
Increases the body’s energy, strength, mood, and immune fighting abilities.
Eat lots of plants!
- High antioxidant fruits.
- Bluberries, Raspberries Citrus, Plums, raisins, strawberries, prunes, cherries.
- High antioxidant & nutrient filled vegetables.
- All leafy greens, spinach, salads, Kale, Artichoke, garlic, yellow vegetables, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, onions, tumeric.
- Food high in vitamin C
- oranges, limes, grapefruits, lemons, cantelope, papaya, guava, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, green bell peppers, brussell sprouts, kale, broccoli, peas.
- Drink lots of water (avoid sugary drinks).
- Increase dietary fiber (click here for a link to Fiber article).
- Eliminate eating things that decrease the immune system.
- Refined sugars, sweeteners, red meat, high-fat dairy, fried foods, and refined grains as it can decrease immunity and increase free radical damage
Supplements that have some evidence of possible benefit:
- Vitamin D
- Zinc lozenges
- Vitamin C
2. Optimize Your Environment
An optimized environment means maintaining healthy hygiene, avoiding the negatives, & getting outdoors.
- Hand Hygiene – frequent hand washing
- Avoid touching your face (unless hands are washed right beforehand)
- Stay 6 feet apart
- clean / wash things you touch often (surfaces, PHONE, clothes)
- wear a mask when needed to protect others & you
Positive outlook & decreased stress
- Choose a positive outlook
- practice gratitude daily (ie thankfulness journaling)
- look for humor as laughter is healing
- Avoiding negativity
- Avoid watching or listening to too much negative media
- Avoid smoking, drugs, vaping, etc which decrease your immune system & Lung health
- Fresh air is proven to be good for the mind and body- consider gardening or walks
- Frequent Sunlight will boost the immune system
Positive attitude & gratitude Positive attitude & gratitude
hand hygiene vs covid19 hand hygiene vs covid19
Get outdoors - fresh air, exercise, & sunshine Get outdoors - fresh air, exercise, & sunshine
Get outdoors - fresh air, exercies, & sunshine Get outdoors - fresh air, exercies, & sunshine
3. Quality Sleep
Quality sleep means regular and sufficient sleep.
- Sleep is very important for immune system health
- 8-9 hours of sleep
- The earlier before midnight the better
Water as therapy means drinking lots of water & hot/cold water therapy treatments.
Water Therapy Treatments
- Hot + Cold Water Therapy.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Good exercise means daily aerobic / cardio exercise.
- Daily aerobic / cardio exercise
6. Love others
Loving others means doing to our community what you would want done to you.
- Stay socially connected although physically apart (phone, video, letters)
- Look for ways to help your community
- Support those who are vulnerable
- Support local businesses and non-profits
7. Love God
Trust Him and surrender to His will for you.
- Worship, obey, & trust God.
- We can only control a small amount so let us trust our daily lives and future hope to Him.
- Prayer and Bible study can bring wisdom, healing, peace, and hope for the future.